Selection of our current projects
Please find below a sample list of recent consultancy projects – it is not complete, let us know your own complex tax issue. Important note: The tax implications are set out in a shortened manner for illustration purposes. Reading them does in no way substitute individual tax advice that needs considering each relevant case fact.
- Beneficial flat capital income tax rate available to loans granted to corporations held by relatives – depending on the case fact
- Collection of classic cars and letting of an aircraft: Appeal against the position of the tax offices that losses are disregarded
- Beneficial lower tax rate for retained earnings of partnerships and surcharge on later withdrawal of such profits: In many cases it is tax efficient to unwind the benefit retroactively in order to save surcharges and late payment interest.
- Corporate income tax: forfeiture and saving tax loss carry-forwards upon the transfer of shares
- Acquisition of a share in a real estate partnership considering multiple tax aspects including capital gains tax exemption and real estate transfer tax
- Commercial real estate: VAT leakage possible after a simple change of a tenant or in case of the sale – retroactive and proactive coverage of the input VAT correction requirement
- Peculiar VAT situation for online shops across EU borders (including involvement of Amazon’s fulfilment by Amazon offer)
- VAT in case of international race event series including sponsors
- International non-profit organisation: how to realize micro financing for disadvantaged businesses in developing countries in the strict framework of the German tax regime for non-profit organisations
- Inheritance and gift tax planning in case of businesses